$500 for Current or Incoming Students
Attorney Wayne Cohen appreciates the power of education and the value of helping others. He recognizes that the costs of tuition continue to rise, and that often families struggle to cover additional expenses like books, housing, and school supplies. This annual scholarship of $500 is created to allay some of the financial concerns of talented students desiring to further their education.
Please submit a 500 to 1000-word response to this question:
Distracted driving (cell phones, texting) remains a significant issue in the United States, especially among young drivers. In fact, the Cohen Children’s Medical Center reports that “more than 3,000 teens die each year in crashes caused by texting and driving.” What program do you believe should be put in place to prevent teens from texting and driving?
• Students must be accepted or currently enrolled in a college or university program.
• Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or above at their current educational institution.
• Students should submit an updated resume and unofficial transcript along with their essay response to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Applications should be submitted no later than April 1, 2016.
• The Scholarship winner will be determined no later than June 30, 2016.