As a prescription drug Injury lawyer Washington DC trusts can attest, understanding your rights when it comes to pharmaceutical care can help protect your health, life, and peace of mind. At Cohen and Cohen, P.C., we are proud to represent victims of prescription drug injuries. With well-established medical expert relationships and over 75 collective years of experience in the field, we are prepared to take on even the most complex of prescription drug cases.
Thanks to modern medical advances, prescription drugs have saved many lives and enhanced the quality of life for many others. However, there is a dark lining to prescription drugs that not everyone is aware of. Prescription drug injuries occur on a daily basis in this country, and the long lasting effects of those injuries can be devastating. While there are many varying forms a prescription drug injury case may take, two common cases we see include:
- Prescription Drug Injuries That Occur During Pregnancy
The assumption might be that if you are pregnant, and a doctor prescribes you medication whether it is related or unrelated to your pregnancy, it will be safe for you as well as for your unborn child. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Sadly, you might learn from a prescription drug injury lawyer Washington DC mothers have hired to litigate on their behalf, this scenario is not uncommon.
If you are pregnant and have been injured by a prescription drug, or given birth to a child who was injured as a result of you taking any drug prescribed to you, it may be in your best interest to immediately contact a prescription drug injury lawyer in Washington DC. A qualified attorney may be able to provide detailed information that is pertinent to your situation. He or she may also be able to recommend taking legal action against those responsible for your or your child’s injuries.
- Accidental Prescription Opioid Overdose
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the United States is experiencing an epidemic of opioid overdoses. Opioids are medications that are taken to reduce pain. They include:- Oxycodone (ex: OxyContin, Percocet)
– Hydrocodone (ex: Vicodin)
– Morphine (ex: Avinza, Kadian)
Combined, opioids and heroin killed more than 28,000 people in 2014. Prescription opioids were involved in at least half of all deaths from an opioid overdose.
As a prescription drug injury lawyer Washington DC residents trust may tell you, a person can experience an overdose of prescription drugs or be injured by them even if they are following their doctor’s instructions to the letter when taking their medication. This can occur for any number of reasons:
- The doctor, physician’s assistant, pharmacist, pharmacist’s assistant, and anyone else involved in prescribing or preparing your medication can mistakenly prescribe the wrong amount or prepare it incorrectly using the wrong drugs or quantities of ingredients.
- You may be allergic to one or more ingredients in the prescription drug and not know it, or not realize the medication contains an ingredient known to you that can cause you harm. A prescription drug injury lawyer Washington DC victims turn to may be able to determine if prescribing such a drug is in some part negligent on the behalf of the prescribing physician. At Cohen and Cohen, we understand the ramifications of prescription drug overdoses and how they can harm someone.
- A doctor may prescribe a medication for you to take that is known to be highly addictive (even when taken correctly in the proper dosage) when an alternate, less addictive medication may treat just as well. In a scenario like this, a prescription drug injury lawyer Washington DC public health agencies respect can discuss what financial compensation you may be entitled to as a result of a physician’s negligence.
- Instructions for using a prescription medication and/or the bottle’s labeling, may be flawed causing the victim to inadvertently misuse the drug. As a result, you experience an overdose or injury because you mistakenly took the wrong dosage.
Help from a Prescription Drug Injury Lawyer Washington DC Community Members Look Up To
The legal team of Cohen and Cohen is comprised of highly experienced and aggressive lawyers who fight hard for their clients’ rights. Victims of prescription drug injuries may deserve to be compensated for their injuries. It can be challenging to bring legal action against physicians and hospitals with deep pockets; but when you need a prescription drug injury lawyer Washington DC can count on, Cohen and Cohen is here for you. We are proud to live and work in the DC community and standing up for our fellow citizens is extremely important to us.
We are available 24/7 for emergencies and offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. This is a no-obligation opportunity to meet with one of our lawyers to find out how we may be able to assist you. Turn to Cohen and Cohen for a prescription drug injury lawyer Washington DC patients rely on for legal guidance and help, today.