5 Criteria for Determining if you Need a Lawyer for a Motor Vehicle Accident Claim
If you’re unsure whether or not you need the help of a motor vehicle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD can provide, this article may make that decision easier to make. The legal team of Cohen and Cohen, P.C. has helped many victims of motor vehicle accidents in filing claims, negotiating settlements, and pursuing lawsuits when necessary.
For many car accidents in which no one was injured and the total dollar value of property damage is minimal, you probably don’t need the help of a motor vehicle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD has to offer. However, there are many situations when an experienced attorney can be of benefit. Before you make a decision about whether or not to settle your own accident claim, review these five criteria:
1. Contention of fault. Did the other driver or their insurance company take responsibility for causing the accident? If you believe the accident was not your fault but the other party does not agree, then you will likely not collect for damages unless you either:
2. Damages. As a result of an accident, you may be left with not only an damaged vehicle, but mounting medical costs, inability to work, and possible continued pain and suffering that you would not have otherwise endured. You do not have to face these consequences alone. With the help of a top motor vehicle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD deserves, you may be able to seek compensation for your losses. You may even be able to seek compensation for future damages resulting from the accident, like required rehabilitation or medical treatment.
3. Severity of injuries and recovery time. A motor vehicle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD trusts might suggest that the more severe the injury, the longer the recovery time and the more likelihood that you have a substantial personal injury claim. The larger your claim, the more it makes sense to hire a professional attorney who will have a better chance than you to win a fight against the insurance company’s team of lawyers. A medical doctor can give you an estimate of recovery time and offer a realistic assessment of the seriousness of your injuries. Accident claims and lawsuits that include serious injuries can become complicated quickly. Almost any motor vehicle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD injury victims turn to will not charge unless they win your case or negotiate a settlement.
4. Courtroom proceedings. If it becomes necessary to file a lawsuit because your damages exceed the maximum allowable using small claims court, you may be best served by hiring an experienced lawyer. A Montgomery County MD motor vehicle accident lawyer can protect your legal rights and be your representative in a court of law. Courtroom cases can be difficult for non-lawyers to handle on their own. There are many laws and legal considerations that need to be taken into account. The attorneys of Cohen and Cohen, P.C. are experienced with courtroom procedures and have successfully handled many court cases. Our team of lawyers also has a support team with resources they can draw upon as necessary, including accident investigators and medical experts. A motor vehicle accident lawyer in Montgomery County MD may be your best option if the other driver will not admit to being at fault and forces you to file a lawsuit.
5. Knowledge and experience of settling an accident claim. An experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD victims trust will likely have a thorough familiarity with the claims process. He or she can also minimize the risk of filing incorrect information which can cause the insurance company to reject your claim.
For some personal injury cases, the decision whether or not to hire an attorney is more clear cut. If any of the following statements are true, hiring a motor vehicle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD relies on may be of particular benefit to you:
Highly Effective Legal Assistance
Deciding whether or not to hire a motor vehicle lawyer can be a difficult choice to make. Following the above guidelines can be helpful, but you may need to discuss your case with a lawyer to gain a clearer understanding of your rights. Take advantage of a no obligation case review from one of our experienced personal injury attorneys If you decide you want to hire a motor vehicle accident lawyer Montgomery County MD respects, call Cohen and Cohen, P.C. today to schedule a free consultation.