If you’re seeking the help of a bus accident lawyer Montgomery County MD trusts, you may be wondering if your damages constitute a personal injury claim. At Cohen and Cohen, P.C., we have represented thousands of personal injury victims in our over 25 years of practice who pondered the same thing. Below we’ve developed a brief list of common damages that may help you understand if you have a case; however, you may be best served by discussing your particular situation at a free, no-obligation consultation.
Five Common Damages of Bus Accident Victims
As a bus accident lawyer Montgomery County victims turn to, we understand that bus accidents can yield serious injuries leading to significant loss and damages. These damages can last a lifetime, and often include:
1. Physical injuries. Any number of physical injuries can result from a bus accident and can require extensive and expensive treatment. Common injuries include:
2. Emotional and Mental Injuries. Emotional and mental injuries, while not as visually obvious, can be equally debilitating. Though accident victims may survive the bus accident on a physical level, it can be traumatizing to live with the memories of what happened. They may experience the following temporary or lifelong issues:
The lawyers at Cohen and Cohen have worked with many clients who suffered multiple injuries on a physical as well as emotional level. They’re able to offer compassion toward clients while fighting hard to protect their rights.
3. Financial Losses. Physical, emotional, and mental injuries suffered as a result of the bus accident can be financially devastating. The costs incurred may include:
4. Loss of Consortium. Physical and emotional injuries can also damage the relationships victims have with others, especially significant others or spouses. If a marriage suffers as a result of injuries sustained from the bus accident, victims may be entitled to recover for that loss. This can be an extremely challenging loss to put a dollar value on. An experienced bus accident lawyer in Montgomery County MD may be able to help determine what kind of recovery you deserve if your relationship has suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence.
5. Pain and Suffering or Loss of Joy. Physical and emotional injuries from the bus accident, including PTSD can make it extremely difficult to live life and find enjoyment in anything. This too can be counted as a loss and compensation may be recovered. It is important to discuss this kind of damage with a top bus accident lawyer Montgomery County MD has to offer.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
Bus accidents can be caused by any number of reasons, including:
1. Colliding with solid objects such as curbs, buildings, guardrails.
2. Colliding with other vehicles. Collisions with other vehicles or objects often results in the passengers losing their seats and coming into abrupt contact with a hard surface, which can result in external and internal injuries. Collisions can often occur because the driver:
3. General Negligence. If the bus driver or another bus company employee becomes aware of a hazard that has the potential to cause an accident but does nothing about it, this can result in them being found liable for criminal negligence. Examples include:
An experienced Montgomery County MD bus accident lawyer may argue that the bus company should have addressed the problem and eliminated the possibility of it impacting the passengers. The legal team of Cohen and Cohen can perform a thorough investigation to determine the cause of the bus accident and hold those responsible liable for our client’s injury.
4. Slipping and falling. Passenger accidents inside the bus can be just as serious as collisions with other vehicles. If the aisle or restroom floor becomes slippery they should be properly cleaned and dried to reduce the risk of slip and fall accidents. In addition, the bus entrance and exit should be maintained and clear of ice, snow, and pooled water at all times.
Unfortunately, bus accidents are very common and happen every day in this country. But if you have been involved in a bus accident and were injured as a result, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. Cohen and Cohen, P.C. is a bus accident lawyer Montgomery County MD injury victims rely on when they want legal representation that can make a difference; contact us today.